Used Car Genius on COVID-19
Last updated Thursday, May 21st, at 4pm EST.
At Used Car Genius, the health and safety of our customers and associates remains our highest priority.
We have been keeping up to date with the latest developments concerning the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and the broader impact it has on our world, considering how it affects our customers and associates, and taking the necessary precautions to stay operational for our communities during these difficult times.
We know that it’s essential for you to have safe and reliable transportation. That’s why it’s important for you to know that we’re still here for you.
We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to prevent the spread of this virus and will continue operations in accordance with state orders until advised otherwise by state health officials.
The state of Rhode Island has begun issuing phased guidance for re-opening retail locations. In accordance with those guidelines, our showroom is now open to the public with strict capacity limitations and safety requirements. Appointments are strongly encouraged, and we’re still available to help you remotely.
Simply reach out to us online or by phone and we will make arrangements to serve your car buying needs in a way that conforms to current regulations.
We are taking the following proactive measures to ensure the safety and well-being of everyone who visits or works at Used Car Genius:
- In accordance with state requirements, all associates and all customers who enter our dealership are required to wear face masks or face coverings at all times.
- We have enacted a strict hand-washing protocol that requires associates to wash with soap and water or sanitize hands frequently.
- Associates have been directed to avoid shaking hands and to stand six feet from customers when possible. Customers are also asked to stand six feet apart from others when possible, as illustrated by stickers on the floor.
- Plexiglass barriers are in place where payments are accepted and social distancing is not possible.
- We have partnered with our cleaning crews to ensure that all work surfaces are treated with proper disinfectants and high-traffic areas are given special attention.
- All customer waiting areas and restrooms as well as computer areas are being cleaned regularly with a product that has demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to COVID-19.
- The interior of vehicles in the showroom and demos are being wiped down with antibacterial wipes.
- All vehicles purchased will have frequently touched surfaces thoroughly cleaned and disinfected using a product that contains 70% alcohol.
- Any associate who is sick is directed to stay home, and any employee who appears ill will be sent home immediately.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Every associate currently working in our dealership is choosing to be there to serve you during this unprecedented time.
In return, we ask that you do your part to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In addition to following the CDC’s guidelines of washing your hands and covering coughs/sneezes and following the state’s requirements that you wear a face mask or face covering, we ask that you do not enter our dealership if you are sick or have been in contact with someone who may have COVID-19. For the safety of our associates and other customers, we would be more than happy to reschedule your appointment for a later date.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation. We wish everyone health and safety during this difficult time.
Our goal at Used Car Genius and will always be to provide our customers an exceptional experience—whether you choose to view our digital showroom online or to come see us at the dealership when the time is right for you.
Together we will all get through this. And we’re here to help, at Used Car Genius.
Please check back frequently for the latest updates.
The Used Car Genius Family